Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO / FXS port configuration

d.santoro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm encountering problems with a FXO / FXS configuration.

I have the following config:

CIPC --> CCME-1 --> FXO --> connected to FXS port -> CCME-2 --> CIPC

Outgoing calls from CCME-1 to CCME-2 phones are working.

Incoming calls from CCME-2 to CCME-1 phones are not working.

The call is established for 1 to 2 seconds and then disconnects.

I have configured an outgoing dialpeer on the CCME-2 router, pointing to the FXS port. Have an incoming dial-peer on CCME-1. I have also a connection plar opx on the voice port in CCME-1 pointing to the CIPC.

The voice port configuration on both sides is the default config, I did not add any commands.

I don't have any experience with analog ports.

Has someone an idea where the problem could be?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Are you going through a pbx? cme-1 is getting reverse battery after connect, configure "no battery-reveral" under voice-port", or try swapping cable pins.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, if you do debug ccapi you will see why the call is being closed. Don't you have ip connectivity between the CMEs ? That would let you call over VoIP avoiding use of the voice port.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

no I don't have ip connectivity and I have to use the analog ports.

I did a ccapi debug but couldn't see any differences to the normal call clearing.

See attachments.

thx

Likely CME-1 is closing the call.

I have a similar debug from the other side on CCME-1.

Would you suggest to configure anything on the FXO port?

If I establish a call from CCME-1 to CCME-2 the debug shows me, even with a regular call disconnect, a call disconnect cause value = 16

Can you talk few seconds and then it drops ?

Can you collect "debug vpm signal" on cme1.

no I cannot talk for few seconds.

E.g. if I activate AutoAttendant on CCME-1 and call the number I can hear from time to time the "welc..." then the call drops. Most of the tests I do ends without hearing anything. If I forward to Voicemail I did not hear anything, the call disconnects after 1-2 seconds (based on the CIPC infos). If I forward via connection plar opx to the CIPC I see the call ringing, and as soon as I answer the call, the call disconnects after 1-2 seconds based on the CIPC infos.

I attached the debug vpm signal infos.

thanks

Hi,

Are you going through a pbx? cme-1 is getting reverse battery after connect, configure "no battery-reveral" under voice-port", or try swapping cable pins.

Hi,

Thank you, using the no battery-reversal command the calls are now working!

And yes, the CCME-1 is working as PBX.

Glad to know it's working now. My question was if fxo/fxs are directly connected or what is in between.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Paolo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: