cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Directory on CME

rstevenson1
Level 1
Level 1

My customer who is using CME 4.0 (2) is having issue with the local directory. For some reason when searching from the phone on any users first name starting with L they get the XML Error [4]: Parse Error.

The directory has been auto populated by the ephone-dns that have been entered, but surely a list is compiled of the users names and numbers and kept in a file on the flash or something?

So 1, trying to find out why the issue occurs for users first name starting with L and 2 where is the user info kept?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact IOS are you using, and which phone and firmware ?

Version 12.4(11)T1, a mixture of 7911's and 7941's, running the following firmware

load 7941 TERM41.7-0-3-0S

load 7911 SCCP11.8-0-3S

Also just for info, if I manually add in a user via the "directory entry" command or via the GUI, the customer can't see this entry, but they will be able to see the entry if I create a dummy ephone with the users name & extension on it..

Just puzzled as to how CME looks up a the user list.

Hi, the gui has many strangeness of his own.

For IOS, 12.4(11)XJ4 is recommended, the one you have has many bugs.

For phone FW please use 8.2(2)SR4S on both 7911 and 41.

Sorry, I can't seem to find those FW loads which are support by CME, do you have a download link for those?

These are the most recent for 8.2 that is supported by cme as you can see in the FW matrix. You download from "voice" - "7900 series phones", choose the zip version. You may consider repacking as tar because that amesk it easier to copy into router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: