newbie question bandwidth catalyst 4006

Unanswered Question
Mar 10th, 2008
User Badges:

Hello all,

i'd like to know the best free tool to see real time bandwidth used on each interfaces, I think SNMP tool.

I have also TCP performance to check, with which tool can i do that ?

We have some timeouts in Microsoft Exchange 2003 on outlook clients to reach the server we have :

- floor switches

- 2 Core catalyst 4006

- 2 PIC 525 failover

- vlan user (outlook) and vlan server (exchange) routed and filtered by the CISCO PIX

- allowed access to Exchange Server only for outlook to TCP 135 and TCP Microsoft NSPROXY (static ports TCP 8001) and TCP Microsoft Information Store (static ports TCP 8002)

Sometimes, outlook says : Requesting data from the Exchange server..." or "Outlook is trying to retrieve data…"

If you have some ideas.

Thank you for help

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
owillins Fri, 03/14/2008 - 11:03
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The Catalyst 4006 switch with Supervisor Engine III support these SNMP types and enhancements:

SNMP - Simple Network Management Protocol, a Full Internet Standard

SNMP - Community-based administrative framework for Version 2 of SNMP

SNMP trap message enhancements,Additional information with certain SNMP trap messages, including spanning-tree topology change and configuration change notifications

yann.boulet Fri, 03/21/2008 - 06:57
User Badges:

Thank you for your reply but you don't give a tool name !!

For my Exchange access troubles, Microsoft is telling me that it can't be a TCP timeout configured on the PIX, but i say it's configured as default so ... Someone has already troubleshoot communication between outlook 2003 clients and Exchange 2003 server through PIX V7.0 525

thank you for your help

Actions

This Discussion