Views
Helpful
Replies

Wan Technologies

gurkamal01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am just a novice trying to know more about Lan/Wan,i just wanted to know in a most production enviroment what Wan technology is used

Is it frame relay, ATM or any other?

What technology should i practice most on my home lab so that i know what to say in the interview cause i dont have any experience except the CCNA certification

Can anybody give me a little update on that. I would really appreciate any help

Thanks

4 Replies 4

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

LOL..Gur, I can respect your honesty...

"What technology should i practice most on my home lab so that i know what to say in the interview cause i dont have any experience except the CCNA certification..."

Anyway, ATM, Frame Relay, MPLS, MetroEthernet, etc, are all used extensively. If you really want to practice with different technologies, I suggest you configure a lab setup for each one of them one at a time...

I believe there are CCNA network Simulators out there that do just that. They run you about $150 or so. Check it out...

HTH

Victor

hi

i appreciate your help but what is the best simulator to use and can you provide me some good names for CCNP simulators which doesnot cost lot of money please

Thanks

You can try Dynamips.. thats good simulator..

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

Never use a buzz word in an interview with a tech savoy interviewer. They will know if you actually know what you are talking about or if you just read it on NetPro.

Be honest if you have hands on or book knowledge.

ok enough about that...

It all depends on your application on what technology to use.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: