cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No DHCP lease

d.propson
Level 1
Level 1

We've had 4 Aironet AP 1131AG wireless access points working for sometime. Now, the users cannot get an IP address and get onto the network.

The DHCP server is up and running just fine. The WAPs do not give out DHCP leases.

The only thing that has recently changed is we tried to experiment with adding another SSID to allow for guest access. That has since been removed.

4 Replies 4

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Dennis

when you set up the second SSID did you create or add VLAN's to the config? I would check the switch ports for .1q trunking/VLAN configuration to match the AP's.

best wishes

Bill

No, that was not done. What about this: We are low on DHCP leases. It seems that when we dive below a certain percentage available, say 10%, clients connecting via the WAP will not be issued a DHCP lease. Is this possible?

P.s. Thanks for the reply.

not really; there's no such "feature" where the WLC/AP would do that :) I'd suggest running some debugs on the WLC to get further insight into why the clients wouldn't get an IP Address...

Dennis

Your back to basic trouble shooting, cna you ping the DHCP sever from the AP's or vice versa, does the route still exist. was a DHCP helper removed. are the clients authenticating and assoc to with an AP.

save the config from one AP or use a spare AP to test with with no encrypition and no authentication. in other words back to basics.

If you are using a WLC same list different device.

I agree the DNCP server should hand out addresses untill they are gone.

good luck

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card