cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dial up access needed

qbakies11
Level 1
Level 1

I have a project where several PDAs are going to be synching data with my network over dial-up. I have a 2811 router and purchased a HWIC-1CE1T1-PRI card and a PVDM2-24DM module and I have installed them. Can someone point me in the right direction on how I configure this to accept incoming connections so the PDAs can synch with the server on my internal network?

1 Reply 1

i-kendall
Level 1
Level 1

I have only ever done this on the NM-16DM with PRI on a 3600 router, but I imagine the modules you have will configure in much the same way.

The key command is on the PRI control channel interface, and is the line

isdn incoming-voice modem

which makes sure the incomming isdn call from the remote user goes to the digital modem card, and the router can then handle it ok. If the PRI config and that command are there, dial the ISDN number from a normal phone and you should hear the modem answer.

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094898.shtml

which should get you going. If you are in Europe, the control channel number is 0:15 and the switrch type is Primary-net5 from memory (please check as the old memory aint what it used to be !!).

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: