Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP issue

seegomaa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

i have scenario that there is clients in remote branch take IP's from DHCP server In HQ i need to configure remote branch router to act as Backup DHCP server in case of link down between H.O and Branch. Please send me configuration required to acheive that on the router

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

abhishek.ghosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just configure the branch router for DHCP. In HQ router you need to make it the default DHCP router. Add the below command in HQ router. Its own IP is address1(primary) and second IP is of branch router. This will solve your problem.

Router(config-dhcp)# default-router

address [address2 ... address8]

(Specifies the IP address of the default router for a DHCP client.

One IP address is required, although you can specify up to 8 addresses in one command line.)

Ckeck the link for more: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0t/12_0t1/feature/guide/Easyip2.html

Many Thanks for your reply

the case is not default-router but i have DHCP server in HQ and i want to configure branch router to be secondary DHCP server incase of clients failed to contact DHCP server in HQ

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: