cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF stuck in init state over IP Interworking pseudo wire

ric_asomgdata
Level 1
Level 1

Layer 2 VPN is provided to one of my client who has Serial interface on one end and Ethernet on the other side.

Using IP Interworking L2 circuit is provided.

Unicast ping is working fine but unable to bring OSPF across this L2 circuit.

OSPF remains in INIT state only.

Tried “ip ospf network point-to-point” on Ethernet interface still no luck..

Any clue whether multicast is supported across IP Interworking kind of circuits ?

4 Replies 4

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are you seeing hellos across the link (debug ip ospf hello)? If so, please check the MTU settings on both interfaces and set the OSPF link type (point-to-point).

If there are no OSPF hellos received you have to ask your provider to troubleshoot the problem with you. In principle it should work.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Martin

Thanx for responding..

after issuing debug ip ospf hello i observed that site A is receiving hellos sent by site B but Site B is not receiving hellos sent by site A.

MTU used for establishing Pseudo-wire is 4474 and that of ospf interfaces (i.e. CPE interfaces) is set to 1500.

Hi,

The MTU is compared in database description packets an they will come at a later stage. You can confirm, that A is sending hellos? Then you need to contact the provider to troubleshoot inside the MPLS cloud, namely why the VC does not forward the hellos.

Regards, Martin

Thanx Martin

Got the same setup tested in lab and found to be working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: