cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any effect if migrate Spanning tree Protocol to normal Vlan???

aansatosorigin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I got 5 switches and cuurently running spanning tree. But, I want to change them into single Vlan 500. Just wonder, is there any issue??

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Affendi

I do not believe that we have enough information to be able to really give you a good answer to your question. You mention 5 switches but do not tell us anything about them. How are they connected? Is it through access ports or through trunk ports? Are the switches on a common VLAN or does each switch have its own VLAN? If we knew these things we would be in better position to give you an answer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What you are planning to do is to migrate VTP Server/Client Mode to VTP Transparent mode.

You should cater for a downtime no matter what, a good engineer always expect the unexpected. Other than a possible downtime, I don't foresee any issue.

Check this link http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t54360-migration-from-vtpclient-server-to-transparent-mode.html

[EDIT] Rick made a good points specially on how the switches are connected.

Regards,

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card