cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agents doesn't log into CRS after changing CRS IP address

jsol
Level 1
Level 1

I changed the CRS IP address following the procedure described in the documentation (i.e. changing IP in TCP/IP propierties and using CAD Configuration Setup and CRS Serviceability Tool). The problem is that now agents can't connect to CRS. Does anyone know what I've to do to solve that issue? Is thare something to do in the agent in order to make it work?

5 Replies 5

pklos
Level 4
Level 4

Try reinstalling CAD. AFAIR agents configuration is uploaded during installation.

--

regards,

PK

You should go to c:\program files\cisco\bin and run the "postinstall.exe" and change the primary ip to be your new one on CRS.

When I follow the change IP procedure, it works, and I can run post install on existing agents.. is there any way to make the install use the new IP moving forward? In 5.0 you dont enter the IP anymore, it knows it.. but it doesn't know our IP has changed.

clayostlund
Level 5
Level 5

When you download the Agent from the Plug-in's page, it comes with the configuration built in. However, instead of re-installing the agent, you can just change the registry key with the IP Pointing to the UCCX Server.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Spanlink\CAD\Site Setup

Change the IOR HOSTNAME and LDAP HOST 1 server IP's to the correct IP, and re-open your agent/supervisor.

I actually have IPCC 4.5.2 and I will install a parallel 7.0.1 CCX and migrate users to the new version. Is there any way to minimize the impact to the custumers. like deploying CAD for CCX 7.0.1 with SMS... any idea ?