cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks Backup to a network drive LMS 3.0

r.gill
Level 1
Level 1

I have LMS 3.0 and would like to backup the database to another server/network drive. Is this possible and how do I do it?

In common services would i need to manually type the path: \\<server address>\<drive> ??? or similar???

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. You _could_ mount the drive (i.e. assign it a letter), then try the backup, but this would be ill advised given that network issues could corrupt your backup. But, if you have a reliable, fast network, it should work.

Hmm ill try mounting the drive/share and seeing if that works. Our network is quite stable. However, i do agree with you about corrupt backups. The customer is keen to backup everything to a seperate server....hmm lets see! thank u for your help.

another way to go is to store the backup local (as designed by LMS) and setup a script that copies the backup-files over the network. You can also verify that the copy process was successfull (md5 checksum) and schedule the job with at or crontab.

yes that wud be useful!!!....hmm i shall see if the customers backup facility does that.... thank u

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: