Can I take the ICND2 before ICND1?

Unanswered Question
Mar 11th, 2008
User Badges:

I know this sounds like a stupid question but here's the story;

Several days ago I scheduled the 642-802 exam for this Friday (three days from now). I now realize that I'm not nearly as prepared as I thought I was so I'm thinking of taking the two ICND exams to obtain my CCNA.

I've checked the links on Career Certifications as well as Cisco PEC and I think the ICND2 exam should be easier to pass. Which brings me to my question.

Any information is appreciated,

Bernie

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mcbernie11 Tue, 03/11/2008 - 09:30
User Badges:

Apparently Not:

This is from CiscoCert Customer Help:

Is a passing score on the ICND1 640-821 exam a prerequisite for ICND2 640-816?

Answer

No. You are not required to pass ICND1 to take ICND2. However, performance in the ICND2 course depends on the knowledge and skills taught in ICND1.

Stephen Konig Wed, 03/15/2017 - 13:27
User Badges:

I know how old this question is but I was curious myself. Based on the email answer you provided, you are not required to pass the ICND1 before taking ICND2, but they stated it would be quite difficult to pass an exam that you have no previous knowledge on, so taking ICND1 first would be the recommended exam to take.

Dan Lukes Wed, 03/15/2017 - 13:35
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Small Business

You are asking in archived inactive community. Expect no answer.

You should ask in appropriate forum of Cisco Learning Network instead.

Julio Moisa Thu, 03/23/2017 - 10:36
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi

I think you can, but you will not become as certified until pass both exams. Try to schedule it through pearson vue. 

The recommend path is pass the ICND1 first and then take ICND2

:-)

Julio Moisa Thu, 03/23/2017 - 10:34
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi

I think you can, but you will not become as certified until pass both exams. Try to schedule it through pearson vue. 

:-)

Actions

This Discussion