cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Per-VRF TACACS config gets "Address already in use" error

artegall1
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a per-VRF TACACS config on a couple of network devices. I can ping the ACS servers through the VRF. TACACS makes the attempt to contact the servers, but the following message shows up in the log when I debug TACACS:

*Mar 11 08:57:38 starts: TAC+: Opening TCP/IP to x.x.x.x/49 timeout=5

*Mar 11 08:57:38 starts: TAC+: TCP/IP open to x.x.x.x/49 failed -- Address already in use

I can't find anything on CCO that references the "Address already in use" message.

Has anyone run into this?

6 Replies 6

artegall1
Level 1
Level 1

FYI: If anyone else runs into this, it's a known bug. The bug ID is CSCsl45701. The workaround is to use a source-interface in the global table. The URL for the bug is:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl45701

Hi,

I have a similar issue, but the server group configuartion also goes missing. This is on a 6500 running 12.2.33SXH. Did your server group go missing from the running config?

Thanks.

Hmmm...no, the server group is still there. Did you see the other post which describes the bug ID? The link to the bug is:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsl45701

Do you get the IP address is in use log message?

Hi,

Saw the bug, we get address in use message, but that seems to be due to the aaa group missing.

sam.crooks
Level 1
Level 1

we ran into it on modular IOS 12.2(33)SXH1

we found that if we reverted to non-modular IOS 12.2(33)SXH1, the issue was resolved and we had no issues.

That is very good news; I will give it a shot. Thanks for the post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: