cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Communication Manager 6.1 Fail over

jrofarrell
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently started testing an implementation of CUCM 6.1 and so far all appears to be working as planned.

The system consists of 2 Communication managers on different subnets each with a gateway in its own subnet one PRI and one BRI.

Our one remaining issue comes during destruction testing. Once we pull the Ethernet cable out of the Primary CM everything appears to re register with the backup CM fine. All inbound calls process as expected but it is impossible to make outbound calls. The system just plays a bussy tone.

The SIP trunks appear to be working ok, but the trunks via the MGCP gateways do not.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Regards

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You may also need to add this statement:

ccm-manager config

Most admins will leave this statement OUT of the router so Callmanager will not update the routers configuration by mistake (or and admin on CCM make a mistake and reset the gateway)

When ccm-manager config is in the config, callmanager can push updates to the router (configurations)

Add this in to your router, reboot the router if necessary. Test again.

If you are still having issues, I would assume you may be having replication issues between pub and sub. Check the log files in RTMT for any dbreplication issues.

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check your MGCP configurations on the router. If you do not have the router configs pointing to the other callmanager, it will not re-register with the next in it's list.

example would be:

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.1.254.74

ccm-manager mgcp

no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server 10.1.254.74 10.1.254.75

I have checked that on both gateways and I was missing, ccm-manager fallback-mgcp, but after adding this there is no change I am still getting the same busy tone. I have also confirmed with both the gateway and the backup CCM that the gateways have re registered with the backup CCM.

You may also need to add this statement:

ccm-manager config

Most admins will leave this statement OUT of the router so Callmanager will not update the routers configuration by mistake (or and admin on CCM make a mistake and reset the gateway)

When ccm-manager config is in the config, callmanager can push updates to the router (configurations)

Add this in to your router, reboot the router if necessary. Test again.

If you are still having issues, I would assume you may be having replication issues between pub and sub. Check the log files in RTMT for any dbreplication issues.

Cheers

Ok I checked the configs on the routers and they did have the ccm-manager config line in them.

After this I removed the second ccm and reinstalled it. That did it after the reinstall everything appears to be working ok now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: