Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Subscriber from Cluster

pblumenthal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need to remove our second subscriber from our cluster.

Actually, we have one Publisher 4.1(3) and two Subscribers. The second Subscriber is already off use, so no more Phones are registered on this server.

At the Call Manager Administration page, under the server, the second server is also deleted.

Now I need to delete the Database subscribtion and I have no idea how it works.

I hope that anybody have some experienc about my problem and can help me.

Publisher Server Name: PubSrv

Subscriber 1 Server Name: Sub1Srv

Subscriber 2 Server Name: Sub2Srv

DB Name is: CCM0300

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

chrclark
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a good link for the over all process. It includes a section on how to remove the subscription from SQL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmcfg/b09remsr.html

Hello

Thank you for your link. After a deeper search on the Cisco.cm site, I got this document.

Now, I'm not sure about the batch files.

I have to put the server name and the database name in this file, but I'm not sure which server name I have to write in these scripts.

One of these is to run on the Publisher and the other one on the second Subscriber.

Do you have an idea or experience with these batch files?

Regards,

Pascal

The batch files take parameters on the command line so you dont have the edit them. When you run them, you can specify it all from the command line. Based on what you put into the original question, the following command would be run on the publisher to remove the server named Sub2Srv from the CCM0300 DB

RemoveServerFromDB . CCM0300 Sub2Srv

In your case I think thats all that you need to do. If for some reason you want to drop the CCM0300 DB from the Sub2Srv, then you can also run the other batch file on Sub2Srv like this:

RemoveSubscription . CCM0300

^^^^DO NOT RUN THE ABOVE COMMAND ON THE PUBLISHER. Run this only on a subscriber that you are taking out of service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: