cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM 3.0.2 System defined group

tverhoeven
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to work with DFM and I see nothing under system defined groups. I have had several problems in the past with this product and its database and have reinitialized it several times. I have finally managed to get about 600 devices into DFM database but they do not show under the system defined groups.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To which System Defined Groups do you refer? A screenshot would be helpful.

Here you go

This is what you should see. you will never see devices show up in this interface. This only lists the available groups, and lets you create new groups or modify existing ones.

If you want to see devices which match the DFM system defined groups, you should go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds, and look at the group details under both Polling Parameters and Thresholds.

Alternatively, to see all the devices managed by DFM, go to DFM > Device Management > Rediscover/Delete.

whew...well that is good to know.

But then what are these groups for if you don't mind me asking? what is the purpose of them being there?

They are used to tweak polling and threshold parameters for groups of devices, and groups of ports/interfaces.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: