Views
Helpful
Replies

7921G Localization installation issue CME 4.2 UC520

gmirizzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

I'm tring to install CME-locale-it_IT-4.1.0.1a.tar localization on our UC520, but the 7921g can't take IT language, it remain to English language. I have followed the procedure in this document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmelocal.html#wp1096114

but it doesn't work.

What could be wrong?

In the phone locale is indicated Italian for both user and network.

Thatks to all that can help me.

Best regards.

gmirizzi

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ciao G.,

Apparently Cisco has not released yet the localization files for 7921 and CME. I'm trying to get the callmanager files that should be the same, will update here when I have tested that.

Ciao P.,

thanks for the reply.

I have downloaded the CME locale file from CME download localization page: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/CME-Locale-410.

In the description of the file download is:

"CME Locale support files for Italian (it_IT) on CME 4.1(0) and onwards. This 4.1.0.1 package adds localization support for CIPC, 7931, and 7921 phones and also includes updated g3-tones.xml."

The file has been released the 10th of the March 2008..

But it doesn't work with my 7921G.

What to do?

Thanks,

Giuseppe

Good, I didn't know they released that (yesterday!). Assume you extracted the files into a subdirectory called phone, you onfigure like:

tftp-server flash:/phone/kate7921.xml alias Italian_Italy/kate7921.

Note that for some file also need to drop the it- prefix in filename.

Do this for all the relevant files. You can check which files the phone wants with: debug tftp events.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: