cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

restore IPM data after upgrade to LMS 3 (Win)

MARVIN SPITERI
Level 1
Level 1

I followed the perl script file exactly as per documentation, however, i am getting the following error 'error - cannot find the generation in the backup dirextory'

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How exactly are you specifying the restorebackup.pl command line?

kindly see attached

If I do not enter the IPM folder, the system will restore all modules back to ver 2.6 !!!

The restore tool will restore the entrie 2.6 backup, but the data will be migrated to 3.0. This is the only way to do the restore as there is no way to conditionally restore certain components (it's all or nothing). So you need to specify the path to the generation number.

I now also installed the Dec07 update for Ver3 and am now doing the restore with the \0

During the restore it is prompting me as follows:-

WARNING: Backup contains certificate for current host.

Certificate will be overwritten if you continue.

Do you want to continue (Y = Yes, overwrite. N = No, do not overwrite. Please enter Y or N)?

I am not sure if I should reply yes or no? Can you please help me understand what this is referring to as I could not find it documented.

For 2.2 backups it's best to reply with No here to avoid potentially overwriting a valid certificate with an expired one. However, since this is a restore from 2.76, the chance of the cert being expired is low, so answering Yes should be fine

If you have a lot invested in your LMS 2.6 cert (e.g. you have configured peer server trust), then you should keep the backup certificate. If no other server knows about your 2.6 cert, then it is safe to keep the new 3.0 cert.

that was very helpful - many thanks for all your feedback :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: