Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lms 2.6 - cannot get snmp walk v3 to return context mib data

I am trying to get Campus Manager to use snmp v3 on 3750 but it appears that CM is not able to query snmp v3 contexted mib data (dot1dBridge). I have read all related posts that I could find but I'm obviously missing something somewhere.

3750 is running 12.2(35)SE2

snmpv3 config:

snmp-server engineID local xxxxxxxxx

snmp-server group v3group v3 auth access 2

snmp-server user v3user v3group auth sha yyyyyy

snmp-server group v3group auth context vlan-154

snmp-server group v3group v3 auth write v1default

snmp v3 non-context queries using SNMP WALK work fine and when I configure snmp v2 community I can also use v2 indexed walks successfully. However when I do a v3 context walk I get this error:

The following is a SNMP walk of device 10.3.154.4 starting from dot1dBridge.dot1dStp.dot1dStpPortTable

SNMP Walk Output

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dot1dBridge.dot1dStp.dot1dStpPortTable

BRIDGE-MIB::dot1dStpPortTable = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

If anyone has some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you....William

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The context config looks wrong, but that may be a typo. It should be:

snmp-server group v3group v3 auth context vlan-154

The object you want to walk in this context is dot1dTpFdbTable (or .1.3.6.1.2.1.17.4.3).

Thank you for responding, Joe.

Sorry, the context config was a typo.

I've now verified the snmp v3 context functionality on the 3750 with a third-party mib browser so I'm left with something not working/configured right in LMS. My next step is to compare network traces from LMS' SNMP WALK tool and the third party browser.

Thx...William

I tested the SNMP Walk tool using Common Services 3.0.6, and it worked for me. If you have CS 3.0.6, enable debugging, then post the specified debug log.

Here's the debug log. I'm noticing that the context isn't included in the arguments list and I've tried to issue the command from the command line but all I get back is a repeat of the OID, like this:

D:\program files\CSCOpx\objects\jt\bin>snmpwalk -v3 -l authNoPriv -n vlan-154 -a SHA -A xxxxxxx -e xxxxxxx -u CiscoWorks -Iu -r 5 -t 10 -d -m ALL

-M ..\jt\mibs nlwes2 dot1dTpFdbTable

dot1dTpFdbTable: (dot1dTpFdbTable)

Thx....William

I found a bug. I'm working on a patch now.

Okay, I have a working patch. You need to open a TAC service request to get it. Reference this Netpro thread, and have your engineer contact me directly to get the patch.

Thank you, Joe - SNMP WALK now works correctly for v3 context mib data. I will move on with my original problem of getting Campus Manager to discover correctly.

....William

Joe, I am experiencing this exact same issue with a 2960x. I have pushed the config out to other switches in the campus and I can walk them just fine without defining a context but when I define a context the walk times out. 

Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: