Helpful
Replies

External Call forward all

Damian Halloran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a UC520 with version uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.XW6

The system has a sip service provided by my ISP and this service works a treat for both Incoming calls and outgoing calls.

I can receive a call from the SIP service and then transfer the call externally manually no problem.

The problem is with call forward all to an external number. I receive a recorded message from my ISP stating "your call cannot be completed at this time. please try again later"

I've contacted the ISP and they aren't seeing any traffic hitting their SIP server which to them means that an invalid number of digits are being sent.

I've checked debugs and can see no major differences between a direct call out and a call forward call out.

Voice part of the config is attached.

Thanks

Damian

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please send the debugs (debug ccsip message) about forwarded and regular calls here. Just cover with *** the last three or four digits of numbers.

Hello,

debug log attached.

To explain them: Ext 201 is call forwarded to 0419305555 a mobile/cell phone, ext 301 calls 201 and receives the announcement mentioned in previous post.

Also 150.101.999.999 is external IP address, 0390245555 is the phone number supplied by the ISP.

When I originally set the service up I found that I had to make sure that the calling number was always 0390245555 as this was the login name.

Thanks for your help.

Problem solved.

The problem was that the UC500 was sending call forward data to my ISP's SIP service, and instead of simply ignoring the data their SIP server rejected the call outright.

Will post details of the config change required to fix this soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: