cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR and reentering the credentials

maismail
Level 1
Level 1

CW LMS 3.01, I have entered the credentials in the DCR telnet, enable, snmp ro and snmp rw.

When ever I discover a new device it is status is reachable bt when I do verify the credentials I find that only the snmpro is ok while the other three credentials are not , so I have to reenter those for the specific device.

It seems that after discovery the CW does not use the same credenials in the CDR except that for the snmp RO.

Kindly explain..

Mahmoud

3 Replies 3

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

Indeed every newly discovered device must be updated with some credentials as the discovery normally only uses the RO SNMP community string.

LMS 3 offers "default credentials" that can be added to every new device.

Common Services -> Device and Credentials -> Admin -> Default Credentials

But if you have more then one set of snmp strings or telnet/ssh passwords then you still need to edit the devices.

However since the devices can be grouped, you can select any number of them, and their setting can be edited all at once.

Cheers,

Michel

You mentioned:

LMS 3 offers "default credentials" that can be added to every new device.

And I have filled this with the default credentials which are the same for all existing and newly added devices.

When ever I introduce new device to the network, it gets dicovered using the SNMP RO in the default credential but I have to add all other credential to the device itself eventhough it is alredy in the default credentials..

I believe there should be an option to force the system to use the default credentials after discovery..

Kindly advise

MAhmoud

Yes the discovery settings have an option called "Use DCR Default Credentials"

Common Services -> Device and Credentials -> Device Discovery Discovery Settings

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: