Cisco certification and university

Unanswered Question
Mar 12th, 2008

i want to know that, if you are a CCNP or CCIE certification, can you enter in an university in USA. i 'm CCNA, CCNP and CCIE written. so i want to enter in an university of USA. at what level or years can do it , if have only these certificates. please help me.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jim_berlow Wed, 03/12/2008 - 22:47

You need to go through the university admittance process for the university for which you are interested. Most US universities have websites with relevant information on how to apply for admission.

Generally you will need to provide more than a CCNA, CCNP or CCIE to gain admittance to a US university (most university's in the US do not recognize Cisco certifications). Most university's will place more emphasis on your prior academic achievements (GPA), previous university degrees, and coursework completed.

Again, each university is different on how you apply. The best thing to do is visit the website for the university that you are interested in attending.

Good Luck,



This Discussion