Views
Helpful
Replies

Expected Delay for specific call in the queue

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

I have an application that I need to know the expected delay for the call that is currently in the queue (in other words, how much the call will need time till be removed from the queue and routed to the agent)?

I found the ExpectedDelay and the AvgDelayQNow variables, but both of them does not give me the needed time for the specific call, because the ExpectedDelay gives the needed time for the new call entered the queue, and the AvgDelayQNow gives the average delay for the call in the queue.

Any one can advise for a variable in the DB that I can read it from the CRS to use it in my CRS script, this variable gives the expected time for a specific call existed currently in the queue?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

8 Replies 8

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Bilal,

the ED is an extrapolation, there is no easy mean to provide such calculation with the standard options, are you looking to play the expected wait time to the caller?

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo;

What is the ED :) ?

I am looking to know the expected wait time for the caller in the queue, to know if to give him the option to leave the queue and we can call him back or no need for the option to be prompted (in case the expected wait time is less than specific value).

I was trying to know the position in the queue so I can use it to calculate, but I did not find any possibility to know the position in the queue for the caller, so now I am tying to know the expected call delay of the caller in the queue directly if possible?

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

Hi Bilal,

ED is expected delay and you need a custom script for it.

Basically you would need a Get Reporting statistics step to check on the estimated wait time, and on top of it use an If step to check if -1 got returned indicating an inability to calculate due to insufficient short historical data (the contact center just opened or there are no agents logged in). If it is -1, then don't announce anything.

All this is material for the dev support services group.

Try a search in the forum, it might be a couple of possible samples of similar scripts have been posted already.

Regards,

Riccardo

Dear Riccardo;

Get Reporting step is very good idea, but I readed in the document that it can be used only with Unified CCX packages.

Actually my system is IPCCE (enterprise) and it is version 7, so I have IPIVR. I do not know what exactly meant by CCX (wether it is IPCC express or system ipcc or what exactly)?

Any advise?

Regards

Bilal

Salam Bilal,

Try this script hope it answers your quest.

Abdulbaseer.

Thanks a lot. To be tried on ipcc verion 5 or version 7?

Regards

Bilal

did you get it working?

let me know if you need help.

please rate helpful posts.

abdulbaseer.

I was need to know on which IP IVR version u were using it so I can open it on my environment to see it.

Regards

Bilal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: