cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME CDR to External Server

yingjiecisco
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing a standalone CME which will log CDR to an external CADS server (phoneware product) at customer central site.

In case of WAN link failure, I suppose we can save the CDR somewhere local (eg. syslog console or router buffer) during the outage.

The question is, when the WAN link recovers, how do we upload the CDR from local syslog / buffer to the CADS server at central site?

I have queried with phoneware, I was advised that it would be up to cisco CME config. (The CADS central server is in a permanent passive open state waiting for remote site (CME in this case) to poll and upload CDR files.)

Your input would be much appreciated.

Regards

Yingjie

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

This is how you set syslog for CDRs:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094e72.shtml

There is no synchronization mechanism to upload missing parts in case on link failure.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks for the reply.

If there is no automated uploading of missing parts when link recovers, will i be able to mannually upload the missing parts to central server when WAN link is normalised, and what is the best way of doing that?

I guess this question also applies to our other two sites which will be implemented with Cisco SRSTs.

Customer needs to have a complete CDR report in the central database at the end of the day.

Cheers,

Now knowing how your centralized CDR collector works, it hard to say.

The format for syslog-based CDR format is as in the referenced document, you would have a file with a bunch of them, then if need a method to insert it into your application avoiding duplicates.

The centralized CDR collector (CADS server) uses Secure FTP. It is "passive", it just sits there to wait for Cisco CME or CallManager Cluster to initiate FTP sessions and send out call records to it.

When a site goes into SRST or the CME site becomes isolated, Phoneware advised that it would be completely up to Cisco SRST / CME configuration to upload the missing parts to the central server, as the FTP sessions are always initiated from remote client sites.

Regards

Hi,

By itself, the CME will never initiate FTP.

I can image you can have a scheduled script (now it's possible to have TCL scripts natively residing on the router) that does that. Of course all the login to decide what to send and in which cases has to be in the script, again CME does not know anything about that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: