cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to monitor active calls using SNMP on MGCP gateway

timboden1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. We have a mixed environment with CCM 4.2 with H.323 and MGCP PRI gateways. I would like to graph and monitor the number of active calls I have across both PRI's. I know this can be accomplished with RTMT and that would work good if it could keep historical results. I can use SNMP to monitor the H.323 PRI which is on a 2811. The MGCP is on a 2821. Does anyone know how I could possibly do this without purchasing any 3rd party app?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chrclark
Level 1
Level 1

Any counters that are available in RTMT are also available in Perfmon. Perfmon can be configured to keep historical data. Also, RTMT keeps a weeks worth of historical data by default.

RTMT weeks worth of historical call volume data is kept in

Calllog_MM_DD_YYYY_HH_MM.log

in C:\program files\common files\cisco\log\RTMTLogger directory

I believe it records number of active calls and completed calls logged as a total by MGCP or H323 calls.

If you need a specific GW, then you can use Perfmon. You will need to get the data from the CallManager that is controlling the gateway.

Performance Object -> Cisco H323

Select -> Calls In Progress on the lower left hand box. Then select the GW that you are interested in on the bottom right hand box.

Hope this helps,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

chrclark
Level 1
Level 1

Any counters that are available in RTMT are also available in Perfmon. Perfmon can be configured to keep historical data. Also, RTMT keeps a weeks worth of historical data by default.

RTMT weeks worth of historical call volume data is kept in

Calllog_MM_DD_YYYY_HH_MM.log

in C:\program files\common files\cisco\log\RTMTLogger directory

I believe it records number of active calls and completed calls logged as a total by MGCP or H323 calls.

If you need a specific GW, then you can use Perfmon. You will need to get the data from the CallManager that is controlling the gateway.

Performance Object -> Cisco H323

Select -> Calls In Progress on the lower left hand box. Then select the GW that you are interested in on the bottom right hand box.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for your advice. I have a question. I've looked up Perfmon and found links to a download app on sourceforge.net . Is this what you are referring to? Please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks again,

Tom

Perfmon is included with the operating system. Its built into Windows.

Start, Run, Perfmon

Or Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Performance

To add a counter, click on the + (plus) button and you can get live graphs.

You can also setup historical logs by going into Performance Logs and Alerts, Counter Logs, and adding a new log with the settings you need.

Here is an article on using Perfmon

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/3_2/ccmsrva/saperf.html#wpxref64679

Awesome.. Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: