cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPv3 and LMS2.6

agipkcolon
Level 1
Level 1

Configuring cisco switch router and creating user I want to put the following command:

snmp-server user User Group v3 auth md5 AuthPass priv des56 PrivPass

But in Common Services, in Device Credential I can select only auth algorithm and as I understand username and password only for authentication. But where should I put Priv-Password if I want all traffic between CW and Switch to be encrypted?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

The December update (3.01) has more extensive SNMPv3 support , 3.0 only supports SNMPv3 authNoPriv so unless you upgrade you cant.

In LMS 3.01 SNMPv3 authPriv credentials introduced in this release (with exception of Device Fault Manager). Supported authentication algorithms include MD5 and SHA-1 and supported privacy algorithms include DES, 3DES, AES128, AES192, AES256.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

The December update (3.01) has more extensive SNMPv3 support , 3.0 only supports SNMPv3 authNoPriv so unless you upgrade you cant.

In LMS 3.01 SNMPv3 authPriv credentials introduced in this release (with exception of Device Fault Manager). Supported authentication algorithms include MD5 and SHA-1 and supported privacy algorithms include DES, 3DES, AES128, AES192, AES256.