Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM power failed...now it asks root password

cjara
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We have a CCM 6.0(1) in production that few days ago was shutdown improperly. Now, on boot, it asks for a root password (I guess in order to give maintenance to the file system).

Any idea about what to do??? (We've searched for the password and for any procedure in the cisco site, with no result).

Thanks in advance!!!

Cris.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Cris,

To get the root password you will need to open a case with TAC. Sorry man, but they can help gain access and get this fixed.

Rob

Thanks Rob for the quick answer.

Really only a TAC case would help??? o_O

I think this kind of problem should be common, because power fail are not unusual, and Linux always asks for root to give maintenance in those cases...

mmm...would be nice to have a documment about the subject.

Thanks and regards.

Cris

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Cris I have seen this error before

the system is in a status we cannot generate a root password.

What you need to do is to use the recovery CD and select options fm

If that does not help let me know...

Hi,

I have the same problem since the last weekend, but at my site there was no power outage.

I start the CCM with the recovery CD and select the option fm. After this I press y for the for the force file system integrity check. The System check the Harddisk but found no error. I see again the error message Block bitmap for group 128 is not in group. (block 8388608) Unexpected Inconsistency; RUN fsch MANUALLY. without -a or -p options.

Any Idee?

Thnaks David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: