cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS:- Not able to add user , Getting error while doing it.

Sarasaqlain
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to add new user (user1) and assigned it to user defined group, which has some permitions .. but when logged with this user try to use a user define template (name: tempt- configure-> Access Point Template), I receives error: "Failed to contact server. Please make sure you are logged in....".

the template can be used only from root account.

additionaly even when try to "Search APs" from "Last Applied APs" and then go to "By Floor Area" with this user receive the seme error..

Could some one help me on this plz.

4 Replies 4

sabhasin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what group is the user added to, and what are the group permissions set to?

Hi Sabasin,

Thanks for the answer. The user is defined to the group with all the options set. But when i try to assisgn i get this error.

I can attach you the snapshot of the error if you wish.

Hi Sabhasin,

After checking the Location server option under the group the user was able to access.

Thanks for the update.

I would like to know what is the role of this location server with accesspoint template?

if could you please attach a screenshot of the permissions you're trying to set for the user, i think that would be helpful...So, just to be sure, you're making this user a part of the custom group, and that group has "location server" checked? My guess is that since you're probably setting something in that template that has to do with the location server being updated, that's why without it being checked you're getting an error!

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card