Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting Two Sites using Cisco products

jason.clark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ( hope this is the right Area? ),

I'm after some advice for join two networks.

Site A:

--------

Our small office with 10 computers connected to BT Broadband (Via a ASDL Router)

Site B:

-------

A data centre which has a cisco PIX 515e ( We currently connect to this via a VPN client per workstation ).

The question is Can I purchase a Cisco ASDL router and make SITE B accessible as part of my office network ( SITE A )

to elimitate the need for workstations to use VPN clients.

If yes, can someone point me in the direction of how?

Thanks in advance,

jason

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jason-

You sure can. Here's a link to some configuration examples.

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html#anchor16

HTH

kplunkett512
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is a guide for specifically this configuration with a Cisco 871 router that was given to me from TAC.

sridhar_awari
Level 1
Level 1

It can be done provided you have an ADSL modem which supports VPN connectivty to your HQ where you have pix, Where you establish a tunnel between both LAN IP,s .

Also you need to have a loopback IP so that routing can happen to this IP, Telco will assign you a dynamic Ip which changes periodically or when you restart the ADSL rtr.

kplunkett512
Level 1
Level 1

You can use an 857 router for your branch office. The link to the data sheet is below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps380/ps6195/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028a9a9_ps380_Products_Data_Sheet.html

You can then configure the IPSec Tunnel from the 857 to the PIX515. I've attached a configuration guide that gives you step by step instructions on how to setup both. If you haven't setup VPN tunnels before, be careful with your access lists. That's usually where the most errors occur. Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: