7921 - Ephone Template? transfer is a nightmare..

Answered Question
Mar 12th, 2008

Hi. I have 4 7921's on my UC520 CME.

When I answer a call and press Options, Transfer is at Number 2.

Ok when I select Transfer, I get a dialtone.

When I type in the extension number, there is no softkey immediatley available to complete the transfer. The two softkeys I see are Hold and Options. Can I remove Hold and have Transfer on there to replace it? Otherwise to transfer a call im going to have to use Options and Transfer, and Options and Transfer again to complete the call which is quite longwinded.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by rob.huffman about 8 years 9 months ago

Hi Huw,

Hope all is well :) The reference below is for CCM but you should be able to do the same in CME/UC520;

Configuring Softkey Templates

Administrators can change the order of softkeys for the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G by using Cisco Unified CallManager Administration. Unlike other Cisco Unified IP Phones that have buttons for some functions, the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G has two non-configurable softkeys that are set for:

•Options

When you configure a softkey template for the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G, you can only configure the Cisco Unified CallManager softkeys and their sequence in the Options menu. The order of softkeys in the softkey template corresponds to the phone softkey list in the Options menu. When you set up the softkey template for users that prefer to have a particular softkey appear during a connected call, place the desired softkey in the first position for the Connected phone state.

Softkey Templates for the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G

The standard softkey template displays the Hold softkey when connected to a call. Some users want the Transfer softkey to appear for a connected call instead of Hold.

The administrator sets up a non-standard softkey template that places Transfer in the first position for the Connected state. The administrator assigns this non-standard softkey template to the 7921G devices assigned to users that want these softkeys.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/5_0_1/english/administration/guide/7921usr.html#wp1068220

SCCP: Modifying Soft-Key Display

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html#wp1010972

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
rob.huffman Wed, 03/12/2008 - 09:11

Hi Huw,

Hope all is well :) The reference below is for CCM but you should be able to do the same in CME/UC520;

Configuring Softkey Templates

Administrators can change the order of softkeys for the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G by using Cisco Unified CallManager Administration. Unlike other Cisco Unified IP Phones that have buttons for some functions, the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G has two non-configurable softkeys that are set for:

•Options

When you configure a softkey template for the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G, you can only configure the Cisco Unified CallManager softkeys and their sequence in the Options menu. The order of softkeys in the softkey template corresponds to the phone softkey list in the Options menu. When you set up the softkey template for users that prefer to have a particular softkey appear during a connected call, place the desired softkey in the first position for the Connected phone state.

Softkey Templates for the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G

The standard softkey template displays the Hold softkey when connected to a call. Some users want the Transfer softkey to appear for a connected call instead of Hold.

The administrator sets up a non-standard softkey template that places Transfer in the first position for the Connected state. The administrator assigns this non-standard softkey template to the 7921G devices assigned to users that want these softkeys.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/5_0_1/english/administration/guide/7921usr.html#wp1068220

SCCP: Modifying Soft-Key Display

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html#wp1010972

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion