Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 3.1 - Discover Devices

tckoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As I knew when we discover devices, it will discover all the devices config and overide the previous copy in CSM DB. Can we SELECTIVELY choose only one device to be discovered ? Otherwise afer discovered we need to re-deploy all again.

Reason is 1 out of 4 firewall managed by CSM. The user access direct to firewall and perform configuration change directly at firewall. Therefore the CSM DB is not in sync with firewall. I just want to discover that unit of firewall.

Regards

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

I think this can be accomplished with help of objects, which can be set for induvidual devices. Check the URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/3.1/user/guide/defapset.html#wpxref64945 for more information.

Jason Gervia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In device management, if you right click on the device, there should be an option for 'discover policies on device'. You'll have to re-assign any shared policies after discovery, however.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card