cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does a user turn Mobile Connect on/off?

mikecracco
Level 1
Level 1

We have setup MobileConnect on CM6 and it seems to be working as advertised. The problem I have is I don't know how to toggle the feature on/off from a phone.

Once I setup a user, I hit the Mobility softkey and a Services window displays "MobileConnect On". I would think there should be a softkey or two there to allow me to turn feature on or off but there is none. The only work around I have found is a user can use the CCM User web interface and drill into Remote Destination Configuration and uncheck Enable Mobile Connect but this is process is far from convienient.

What am I missing?

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

You can do it from Mobile Voice Access prompt also. I dont know any other option will check with MM team and get back to you

We don't have Mobile Voice Access up yet, and probably will not for a while. Even then, that would mean calling into system and working through prompts. Gotta be an option to quickly do it on the phone itself.

Appreciate any info you could dig up.

unfortunately, there is no softkey or service to enable/disable mobile connect from a user's deskphone.

however, besides the user's web interface you can set up voice access with callerid matching the user's cellular phone number. if so, the user only has to enter his PIN and press 2 for on or 3 for mobile connect off

How dumb is that?

On the up side we are forming a plan to get a H.323 gateway so we can setup Voice Access. I suppose dialing an extention (internally) and hitting a few keys is better than the web interface. Just a shame when it seems like a natural place to use a softkey. Whatever.

Thanks for the response!

Hi,

Is it possible to have a softkey pointing to a URL / service to turn on/off mobile connect instead of the voice access or ccmuser page?

George Georgiou

I had to change my template for the phone.  Even though the "Common Device Configuration" was set to Mobility, I had to change the "Softkey Template" to also reflect Mobility.