Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading cucm 6.0 to 6.1

Hi All,

When upgrading cucm 6.0 to 6.1 the upgrade image file UCSInstall_UCOS_6.1.1.2000-3.sgn.iso

can be seen only from the Pub, not from the Sub. Does it mean that the Sub is going to be upgraded automatically when upgrading the Pub or do I need to do anything special to upgrade the Sub? (Sorry if it is one of the RTFM questions - I could not find anything in the docs.)

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, you need to apply the upgrade file to both servers.

Install it on PUB (DO NOT REBOOT) install it on SUBS (DO NOT REBOOT) once all servers have it installed you can do the reboot and switch the versions

you can follow this:

Upgrading from Unified CM 5.x to Unified CM 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/callpros.html

same procedure for patches, SRs, ESs for 5.x and 6.x

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

Hello Alex,

The behavior you see is actually as designed. Its a safeguard. Before doing anything, you will not see the upgrade file from any server other than the Publisher. You should only see it AFTER the Publisher has had the software installed. At a minimum, the new version should at least be on the inactive partition of the publisher.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

no, you need to apply the upgrade file to both servers.

Install it on PUB (DO NOT REBOOT) install it on SUBS (DO NOT REBOOT) once all servers have it installed you can do the reboot and switch the versions

you can follow this:

Upgrading from Unified CM 5.x to Unified CM 6.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/callpros.html

same procedure for patches, SRs, ESs for 5.x and 6.x

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

This is what I thought. But do you have any idea why I do not see this upgrade file from the Sub to download?

A.

Hello Alex,

The behavior you see is actually as designed. Its a safeguard. Before doing anything, you will not see the upgrade file from any server other than the Publisher. You should only see it AFTER the Publisher has had the software installed. At a minimum, the new version should at least be on the inactive partition of the publisher.

Hope this helps.

Michael.

It is all right now, thanks everybody for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: