cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS appliance upgrade

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there - I have inherited a Cisco ACS appliance (1113) and found that it is curently running version 4.0.1.44. I found that there are newer version available and have read through some of the read me files that come along with the releases but I cannot tell if I need to upgrade to 4.1, then 4.1.2, then 4.1.3 or if I can just upgrade the device to the latest version. From what I can tell the appliance has never been upgraded nor have the remote agents on the AD servers. I cannot really find any definitive guides that show any procedure but it looks like I need ot download the file to a webserver locally then update it via the GUI so it seems pretty simple. If anyone know if there is a detailed path that I will need to take to get the server updated or has any suggestions regarding getting it all patched up I would appreciate them. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

You cannot directly upgrade from ACS 4.0 to ACS 4.2, you must first upgrade to ACS 4.1, and then upgrade to ACS 4.2. Before upgrading from ACS 4.0 to ACS 4.1, you must install the CSCsh32888 patch on the 4.0 installation and then upgrade to ACS 4.1.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thank you for the pointers, I really appreciate it. Do you know if I need to contact TAC to get that patch? I looked at the download site

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/acs-soleng-3des

But I did not see any patches with that number, all I could find were patches for CSCsd96293 and CSCse26719 but not the one you mentioned. Do you know if these are replacements or anything like that? Sorry to be a pest I just want to make sure that I don't do anything to break it. Thanks again for the help.

ACS software can be provided via tac. Please open a tac case.

Feel free if you have any questions.

Regards

~JG

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Just to share ACS 5.5 - Upgrade procedure:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-40591

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: