Netconfig deployment

Answered Question
Mar 12th, 2008

Is it possible to deployment multiple CLI Statements to a device. I am planning to deploy the following to all of our Cisco devices on the network via Netconfig.

service tcp-keepalives-in

service tcp-keepalives-out

no ip bootp server

no service pad

no lat enabled

no service tcp-small-servers

no service udp-small-servers

no service finger

Will this run via one job or one job per command?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 10 months ago

That should be fine. Just make sure you select Config instead of Enable for where to deploy the commands.

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 10 months ago

This can all be put into one job, and run against multiple devices.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 03/12/2008 - 12:39

This can all be put into one job, and run against multiple devices.

dionjiles Wed, 03/12/2008 - 12:41

Thanks so much....I was reading chapter 9 in the RME user guide and I was thinking this was going to be a problem. So they way I sent the list of commands is ok right?

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 03/12/2008 - 12:57

That should be fine. Just make sure you select Config instead of Enable for where to deploy the commands.

dionjiles Thu, 03/20/2008 - 10:57

I have one more question regarding this topic....do I supposed to include a write mem in the job for the configs I deploy or does CiscoWorks does this automatically.

Joe Clarke Thu, 03/20/2008 - 11:00

RME does not automatically do a write mem unless you check the "Copy Running Config to Startup" box when scheduling your job.

dionjiles Thu, 03/20/2008 - 11:16

Thanks. That's what I have been doing. Just wanted to verify we have a network audit next week and I want to make sure everything is good.

Joe Clarke Thu, 03/20/2008 - 11:18

You can always check using the RME Out Of Sync Summary under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt.

Actions

This Discussion