cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig deployment

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to deployment multiple CLI Statements to a device. I am planning to deploy the following to all of our Cisco devices on the network via Netconfig.

service tcp-keepalives-in

service tcp-keepalives-out

no ip bootp server

no service pad

no lat enabled

no service tcp-small-servers

no service udp-small-servers

no service finger

Will this run via one job or one job per command?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can all be put into one job, and run against multiple devices.

View solution in original post

That should be fine. Just make sure you select Config instead of Enable for where to deploy the commands.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can all be put into one job, and run against multiple devices.

Thanks so much....I was reading chapter 9 in the RME user guide and I was thinking this was going to be a problem. So they way I sent the list of commands is ok right?

That should be fine. Just make sure you select Config instead of Enable for where to deploy the commands.

Thanks so much. You have been a great help.

I have one more question regarding this topic....do I supposed to include a write mem in the job for the configs I deploy or does CiscoWorks does this automatically.

RME does not automatically do a write mem unless you check the "Copy Running Config to Startup" box when scheduling your job.

Thanks. That's what I have been doing. Just wanted to verify we have a network audit next week and I want to make sure everything is good.

You can always check using the RME Out Of Sync Summary under RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: