cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help in LMS 3.0

ahmed_saleh
Level 1
Level 1

1- I configured LMS 3.0 support 5000 node I am running discovery and discovered the nods

2- I have 100 branches connected over frame relay

3- I have 2 deferent frame relay cloud (redundant links)

4- I don't have DNS in my network

5- I discover by Ethernet IPs

MY question

1 - All discovery nodes have IP and I need names how I can resolve IP to name with out DNS

2 - All nodes in topology single nodes not like point to multi point or star I cant see the frame relay in topology between headquarter and anther branches

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can still have name resolution without DNS. To do this, you need to setup a hosts file on the server that maps IPs to hostnames (i.e. /etc/hosts on Solaris and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on Windows).

For Topology to work properly, you need to have CDP enabled. CDP is not enabled by default on frame-relay multipoint interfaces, so you will need to explicitly configure "cdp enable" under those interfaces.

The HQ to branches connection is

• FR "Point-to-Point" configured on the sub interfaces.

So just to enable CDP it will work like point to multi point

If you manually enable CDP on those interfaces such that show cdp neighbor looks like you want it to, then run a new Data Collection, you should see the interconnections on your topology map.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: