cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

loadbalance between 2 isps

sameh_hassan
Level 1
Level 1

i have two differenet isp and i want to divide my network users to two groups , each group go through a specific isp and if this isp be down this groups go to the other isp and vice versa , so my question is the route map achieve this and if it achieve how i configure ??

note : i have router 2801 with 2 WIC ADSL

3 Replies 3

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

It will be really great if you can provide us little bit more information about your topology and protocol runing in your network as well as between you and your providers, as well as the subnets in your network...

regards

Devang

Hi Devang

thank u about ur response , i attached my topology , my lan network 10.0.0.0 i want to divide this network to two groups , the first group routed to the 1 st isp and the second group routed to the second isp and if the first isp link fail the first group go to the second isp , i read that route map can divide the lan network to two groups and route each group to each isp but if the link fail the users group will bue routed to the second isp ???? and if it can't how can i achieve that ???

note : the protocol used between us and isp is RIPv2

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

There are a couple of ways.

Do you have one or two ethernet iterfaces?

If you have two then you can separate your groups there, then allow each group on a different block access to the internet out a specific interface there and also failover in the event one link goes down.

You would set up policy based routing. If traffic from one subnet enters the router sent it out one of the outbound interfaces.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card