cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

P2P VPN problem

qbakies11
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Pix 515 at one site that I need to set up with P2P VPN access to another site. My problem is that the outside interface of the Pix is not an external IP address. The border router that I have at the location has two separate internet T1s coming into it from two separate ISPs. So connection between the border router and the Pix is a 172.16.x.x/30 and we route all traffic down that, then we use route mapping to force specific traffic down one of the internet pipes based on the source IP (using NAT).

Since the firewall's ouside interface is a 172.16.x.x/30 address instead of a real world external IP how do I set it up for the P2P VPN?

1 Reply 1

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi

You will have to configure static NAT on the gateway router. Have a look at the following doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094ecd.shtml

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card