Views
Helpful
Replies

Acquisition fails

dmamattah
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting error message below whenever i try to perform device acquisition

"Failed to start acquisition: Construction of XML data required for UT is in progress.Please try after some time

"

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

thanks

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to run a successful Campus Manager Data Collection before UT acquisition can run. Data Collection will generate the required XML files which tell UT from what switches, ports, and VLANs it needs to acquire data.

Hi,

I am the same message. We have made a campus Manager Data collection before but we still have the same issue.

We have reinitialize ani data with command:

- net stop crmdmgtd

- CSCOpx\bin\perl CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

- net start crmdmgtd

- wait for 15 minutes

- launch collection data and ut acquisition

=> no change !

Please post the list of contents under NMSROOT\campus\etc\cwsi as well as the ani.log.

Hi,

You will find log and folder content.

Thanks

Looks like something was interfering with the XML write last time. Delete the xmlwrite.lock file, then run a new Data Collection. The portsData.xml, vlanData.xml, and RouterData.xml files should update with today's date. Once that happens, you should be able to run a new UT acquisition.

Hi Joe,

Customer told me that even if he delete the xmlwrite.lock file and run a new Data Collection, the portsData.xml, vlanData.xml, and RouterData.xml files are not update with today's date.

Elisabeth

You'll need to debug the Data Collection phase, then. You'll need to enable core, corex, frontend, and framework Data Collection debugging, remove any lock file, then run a new Data Collection. When that finishes, post the ani.log.

Now, Customer told me that Data collection works. I don't know why.

Many thanks for your help,

Elisabeth

I'm running into a similar situation:

We upgraded from LMS3.1 to 3.2 and noticed that CM looked like it was completely empty. ANI reinitialize during upgrade?

After noticing this, we ran a Device Collection which appeared to have run properly, then a UT Acquisition. However only 1400 or so entries showed up when it should be in the 10-15k. Tried to kick off another DC, it say's it ran, but stay's idle in CM home page. Now UT gives the XML lock error. Can't get DC to run w/o bouncing daemon manager. Have enabled the debug logs, but see VERY little - 82 lines of data... Guess i need to bounce services again w/ debug enabled to see if DC will run properly.

TAC Case time?

simon

Start a new thread for your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: