cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL's on Subinterfaces

avilt
Level 3
Level 3

I have frame a relay circuit. Where should I bind the ACL's? Is it on subinterface or Physical interface?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Avil

Where to bind the ACL depends somewhat on how you have configured the router. But the simple answer is that you should bind the ACL where you have assigned the IP address and where IP processing is taking place. So if you have configured the IP address on the physical interface (making it a multipoint connection) you bind the ACL on the physical interface. And if the physical interface has no IP address and the IP address in on the subinterface then you bind the ACL on the subinterface.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Avil

Where to bind the ACL depends somewhat on how you have configured the router. But the simple answer is that you should bind the ACL where you have assigned the IP address and where IP processing is taking place. So if you have configured the IP address on the physical interface (making it a multipoint connection) you bind the ACL on the physical interface. And if the physical interface has no IP address and the IP address in on the subinterface then you bind the ACL on the subinterface.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Avil

I am glad that my answer was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your question was resolved. It makes the forum more useful when people can read a question and can know that they will read a response which successfully resolved the question.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Well, I tried a search for this particular topic on google but couldn't find the answer. I always use this forum for a quick results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card