cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 6.1 & Publsiher Server

manojdubey02
Level 1
Level 1

I need to propose solution of License Unified CM 6.1 7835 Appliance, 2,500 seats ,It should support 1000 device license on feature scalable and expandable. How it will effect on appliance license if Device Licensing Units for IP Communications Endpoint Devices is increase more than appliance license such as 2500.

what is the benfit of Publisher server ? If I propose 2 publisher servers. Is this servers can configure in high availability or redundancy mode.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As the previous post mentions it's IMPOSSIBLE to have 2 PUBs in the same cluster, there is no way to have redundancy at the PUB level.

i'd really suggest you to take some time and read the link i posted about the CUCM deployment models. all of the models that we support are in there.

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the 'benefit' of having a PUB is that it holds all the CUCM DB and that it is the primary server and that you always need one on any cluster, it's also usually the licensing server. just to mention some 'benefits'

if you propose 2 publishers then i assume you're going to create 2 separate clusters because each cluster can only have 1 PUB, you can have 1 PUB and 1 SUB and have redundancy that way but not between clusters

i'd suggest to read this:

Unified Communications Deployment Models

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/models.html

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Thanks for your reply. Even , I am having some doubt in above ...

Do you means that each call manager ( 1 number - MCS7835H2-K9-CMB2) is combined with 1 PUB( 1 number - MCS7835H2-K9-CMB2) as a cluster ?

( because we are proposing 2 servers( MCS7835H2-K9-CMB2) where call manager 6.1 will placed to call processing ) & 2 servers for Publisher server )

Is is correct configuration ?

Please give me your assistance

No, i doubt that both servers will be publishers...

If this is for 1 "company" and you are putting 2 servers in for load balancing/redundancy then 1 server will be a publisher and the second will be a subscriber. The read/write database will only exist on the publisher server.

You can only 1 have publisher in a cluster. It is impossible to have 2.

As the previous post mentions it's IMPOSSIBLE to have 2 PUBs in the same cluster, there is no way to have redundancy at the PUB level.

i'd really suggest you to take some time and read the link i posted about the CUCM deployment models. all of the models that we support are in there.

javalenc

HTH

java

Javalenc, Thank you very much for your kind support.

Regards,

Manoj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: