Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 gap in pickup

karl.dorme
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone who is having the same experience ?

When I take a call on the 7921, there is a gap of 1-2 seconds before I have the conversation and can start talking ...

We use firmware 1.0.5...

Thanks...

7 Replies 7

migilles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ensure that the ARP for the other device is getting answered in a timely fashion.

Also we recommend to use 1.1(1), which was released at the end of January 2008.

See the 7921G Design Guide for more info @

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/5_0/english/install/guide/7921dply.pdf.

Ok, I will install 1.1.1...

The only thing is, there is a local phonebook again on the phones... Any idea how this can be disabled ...

We don't like the use of a local phonebook on the phone itself because it's lost when the phone is broken...

The users should create the phonebook via intranet and use it with the services ...

The upgrade to 1.1.1 is not working ...

And I don't see anything arp-related trouble on our network

Anyone ?

Hi,

i have the identical issue with 1.0.5 and 1.1.1

What i see is that when i call a 7921 i have a 2 sec gap. If i disconnect the call and immidiately call the same 7921 again i do not have the issue.

This seems something related to Power save, if the phone is awake i do not have the issue.

Do you notice the same?

I wander if this is not a config issue?

The doc's mention to disable arp unicast (when using a controller) however for some third party wireless phones its recommended to enable this feature. worth a try ?

Reg

Goen

With 1.04 and later, we do not wake up on each DTIM if the AP is advertising proxy ARP support per CCX IE.

If you enable arpunicast then you are disabling proxy arp, which is NOT what you want. Enabling this has caused other issues with L3 mobility as well as non-optimal battery life.

Assume you are referring to a small delay for ring in and not delay after answering the call.

Also not sure which WLC version and AP platform you have.

We recommend to use 4.2.61.0 or later with AP1130 or AP1240.

We are still running WLC (4404) version 4.0.179.11 and combined 1130/1242 APs.

The delay we hear is actually in the voice path (2 seconds gap after answering the call)

G

We advise to use 4.0.217.0 or later for 4.0 code, but ideally 4.2 and later.

I would capture a sniffer trace, could be an issue w/ ARPs not getting responded to quick enough. Other than that may want to open a TAC case to proceed troubleshooting further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: