Interoffice Calls

Unanswered Question
Mar 13th, 2008

Hi,

We have 2 offices with each a CallManager Express + Cisco Unity Express setup.

One office is using 24... for extensions and the other office is using 37...

We have a dial-peer in place which allows both offices to call each others. This works very well.

However, I would like to be able to do the same thing from the auto-attendant. When someone calls 555-555-1234, which would be our office phone number, I'd like this person to be able to dial an extension number from the remote office, vice-versa.

Is this possible ? If so... how ?

Thanks !

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 03/13/2008 - 07:21

Have you tried with CUE AA ?

If you have problems with that, try B-ACD/AA that should work. Remember to set maximu digits for dial by extension else you can be subject to too fraud:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html

You can also have both CUE's AA and B-ACD/AA, that is useful in some cases:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080566c4a.shtml

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

olivier.bedard Thu, 03/13/2008 - 07:30

Hi!

Well, actually, it works, which I guess mean the AA is correct...?

To make it works, I have to do the following:

username test.one create

username test.one phonenumber "37999"

So I don't receive an "unknown extension" when I dial the number through the Auto Attendant.

Is this a normal behavior ? Is there a way to automatically forward extensions starting with 37... to the other router, or I'll need to add every remote extensions in my local Cisco Unity Express?

Thanks again.

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 03/13/2008 - 08:16

Yes I believe you need to create all the users but that is not necessarily bad as they would need to be created for voicemail anyway.

Using B-ACD/AA dial-by-extnesion, there's no need to created users individually.

olivier.bedard Thu, 03/13/2008 - 08:43

Hi,

We have Cisco Unity Express in every offices, so we don't need voice mailbox for every users on one CUE.

I'll check this B-ACD thing. Thanks.

Actions

This Discussion