cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to know all that is the traffic that circulates along my WAN.

juan.medina
Level 1
Level 1

I need to administer a wan and do not know the formula to know finalmete, all that is the traffic?.

I they attach the show ip accounting and the show interface, both taken ones in 1 minute, before erase the counters.

With this information me podrian to explain since(as,like) be all that I deal, in this minute?

Very been grateful by his(her,your) prompt response

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NetFlow is very straightforward. I'm not sure which part of NetFlow you do not understand but the output you posted has more information than ip accounting would ever provide.

If you want statistical data, NetFlow would export this information to a NetFlow collector for processing. You need to have a server for this, the router won't hold this information forever.

For NetFlow general reading, I will refer you to the documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/netflow/configuration/guide/onf_gsg.html#wp1153990

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ip accouting ? That's so 90's :)

You should leverage NetFlow. Please post the output from typing show version from this router.

__

Edison.

Sorry :( yes use ip accounting. jejeje

But now netflow.....

I attach the exit of the netflow in 1 minute, before erase the counters

If you can explain understand like your all that I am dealing, i would be grateful for it to you.

Thank you

NetFlow is very straightforward. I'm not sure which part of NetFlow you do not understand but the output you posted has more information than ip accounting would ever provide.

If you want statistical data, NetFlow would export this information to a NetFlow collector for processing. You need to have a server for this, the router won't hold this information forever.

For NetFlow general reading, I will refer you to the documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4/netflow/configuration/guide/onf_gsg.html#wp1153990

HTH,

__

Edison.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card