Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying softkey layout in CM

NiclasCpm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

we're mainly using Cisco 7961 and 7971 devices for which we use a custom softkey layout.

Now I'd like to modify this layout in Callmanager 4.3 by adding or removing some softkeys.

So our staff likes to have a key to suppress incoming calls or to directly forward incoming calls without receiving.

When I choose "Ring In" in the Softkey Layout Configuration in CM I only find "Undefined", "Answer" and "Immediate Divert" while the last two are already in use.

Now what does "undefined" mean and how can I "define" it and how can I add features like "Direct Transfer" or "End Call" which aren't choosable in the left of the two columns ?

Thanks for helping !

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

You are limited to what is in the softkey template. The undefined is not usable, you can not move the keys around from one state to another

Had the limitation been set by an administrator or is it by design ?

Beyond "On Hook", "Off Hook", "On Hold", etc. I also find this "Undefined"-key. Why is it there when I cannot use it ?

It's too bad that I only have three softkeys available for "Ring In". What do CCM admins do if they need more or certain features ?

that is by design, you can certainly have more softkeys but that requires the support of the Cisco DEV team to add them into the system.

we've been hearing a long time about the limited softkeys and the fact is that you can change and add more but that means some more resources ($) into this, the product only provides the softkeys the developers thought were necessary at any given time, you need the DEV support because the softkeys need to be enabled to be used on other states if they're not in the default list

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply javalenc.

Well, I guess we're stuck then. Too bad that the configuration is that limited.

Well, we'll inform our staff about that and - if urgently wished - will contact the DEV. :|

Regards,

Niclas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: