Thank you for looking at this post. I have a bit of an issue that I cannot figure out.
I am attempting to setup a NAT configuration for an Internet provider but something is going on. I have changed the IP's below so they are not those for the actual provider.
FA0/0 is set to ip nat inside and Mult1 is set to ip nat outside (three T1's multilinked together).
I have setup the FA0/0 with a secondary address of 192.168.5.1/24.
The range for NAT is 18.104.22.168 - 254 with a /30 subnet. I have tried both with an overload configuration and without an overload.
When I do a sh ip nat trans on the router, I can see where a user 192.168.5.2 is translated to the first IP - 22.214.171.124. However, the user is not able to get to the Internet. They can ping actual IP addresses but anything requring a DNS lookup doesn't appear to be working.
The DNS server is working, however. The user does an nslookup and gets to their DNS server and can do lookups.
Here is some more information:
The provider has two Class C ranges:
FA0/0 is set with the following IPs:
IP access list 1 is set to permit 192.168.5.0 0.0.0.255
DNS servers are 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
When the user sets their IP to 192.168.5.2, they can ping anything in the 184.108.40.206/24 and 220.127.116.11/24 range without any problem - as well as the 192.168.5.0/24 range.
The provider has current users setup with static IPs in the 18.104.22.168/24 network range up until the NAT pool as listed above. There are also static IP users in the 22.214.171.124/24 network.
I am completely at a loss as to what is going on because I have looked through several other NAT resources to no avail. The user can ping and trace route to IP addresses on the Internet - but not DNS-based although DNS lookups are working without any problem.