Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS 5.0 unable to place AIR-AP1131 on floorplans

Arno Loehdorf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

could it be that the WCS 5.0 is unable to place (LWAPP converted) AIR-AP1131 type accesspoints on floor maps, just because they identify themselves as "AIR-AP" and not as "AIR-LAP"?

The procedure of placement works, but the RF prediction done after this fails with "[ServletException in:/pages/monitor/map/campusMoveLrads.jsp] Cannot find bean antennaInfoList in any scope".

Thanks,

Arno

3 Replies 3

haslettj
Level 4
Level 4

I'm getting the same error message trying to place access points that were not convered. My AP model is AIR-LAP1242AG-A-K9, and I'm getting that error message.

I opened a TAC case this morning and I haven't heard anythign back yet. Were you able to resolve teh issue?

Hi,

no sorry, no solution found by now. This slipped a bit out of my focus, so I didn't investigate too much.

As you said that you got the same message with an AIR-LAP model, my thesis, that this could be related to AIR-AP models only, becomes unsustainable.

Next idea: I made a clean install of the WCS 5.0.148 software. This was a completely fresh computer, not even an uninstalled former version of WCS existed on this box.

I wonder if this problem does appear or not in case the 5.0 installer finds some remains of a prior version of WCS on the computer.

Kind regads,

Arno

I was able to find a workaround for this issue. The problem I am having is with the AP config. I am defining primary-base controller, and including the IP address, using the CLI command 'config ap primary-base [WLC_NAME] [AP_NAME] [WLC_IP]'.

By working with TAC, we determined that there is a bug in WCS. The controller reports this IP address in HEX, but WCS is expecting it in Decimal. There is an existing bug ID, but it's marked internal Cisco only. Apparently this is supposed to be fixed in the next WCS version that is to be released "soon".

The workaround is to simply remove the IP address of the controller in the primary-base config by using the command: 'config ap primary-base [WLC_NAME] [AP_NAME] 0.0.0.0'. Then, in WCS, you need to refresh the config from the controller. Then you can place the APs. Once the APs are placed, you can go back to the WLC, and add controller IP back in the AP config.

Interestingly, I'm also having issues pushing AP template to APs and auditing AP configs because of this bug. Doing this workaround fixes these issues, at least until I put the IP back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: