Views
Helpful
Replies

dialplan not working

nikolay-shopik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've got CME running and trying to configure dialplan for phones but it's not working for me, what I'm missing?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

before we go to discuss dialplan, I see you want to use the 7911 with SIP, are you sure about that ?

See below all the features you loose with sip instead of sccp. To that, I can add, localization in your language.

SCCP and SIP Features

Feature SCCP SIP

Basic call Yes Yes

Call Transfer Yes Yes

Call Forward Yes Yes

3-way conference Yes Yes

Call Park and Call Retrieval Yes No

Call Pickup Yes No

Basic Auto Call Distribution (B-ACD) and Auto Attendant Yes No

Caller ID block Yes No

Remote call control of phones Yes No

FXO Trunk Monitoring Yes No

QSIG Integration Supplementary Service Yes No

Hi,

FXO Trunk Monitoring - how it works with SCCP, and what does do "Remote call control of phones"? In abstract or links for documentation will be appreciated.

Other things nothing major for me.

FXo trunk monitoring is having a button that lits showing the state of an FXO port - obviously this won't work with the 7911. Remote call control is the ability of starting calls from outlook or web (tapi client). Also there are utilities that let you control a phone remotely.

If you are able to have a SIP phone in a language different than english, tell us how, because cisco has never released the necessary files.

Eelieve me, CME works much better in SCCP, try and the judge by yourself.

Thanks for info. Well I never tried to use language other than English but suppose files are exist.

Is SCCP have same shortcoming in NAT environment as SIP? And can I retain SIP trunks on router if using SCCP phones do I?

I had little experience with SCCP but also may add what SIP by default using media flow through and SCCP media flow around and you need special IOS.

forgot to mention, I'm running 2811 platform with c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T3.

ps

AFAIK I can use localized menus on phone using sip, correct me if I wrong or misunderstood you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: