cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting an WS-x6608 E1 Circuit to CallManager

lpjaccent06
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WS-x6608 E1 Circuit(port 1) that is currently registered to a CallManager and I wanted to re-configure it to register to a different CallManager Server and I'm not good dealing with CAT OS. How do I reconfigure the Switch to change registration?

7 Replies 7

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

It wil be the Voice vlan of the card which points it to the new call manager, in the new call manager copy teh info you had from the old one. From my own poin tof view I would not use this set up

1. Debugs are harder- need to use dick tracy

2. Eggs in one basket- loss of one card - lose 8 x e1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Lemuel,

Have a look at this good doc. The various settings are described in some detail;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a00801152b9.shtml#creating_catalyst_gtway_callmanager4.x

Hope this helps!

Rob

Are you trying to change to a different CallManager in the same cluster?

Then change the CallManager group for the device and reset it.

If you are trying to change to a CallManager in a different cluster, then you need to change the TFTP server settings. These might be assigned by DHCP or they might be manually configured. The TFTP server setting would need to get changed to the TFTP server in the new cluster.

If you still need more help, please answer the question about which type of change, and include output from the Catalyst --

show port X

Where X is the slot of the 6608 card.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Chris, I'm changing to a different CallManager cluster and I just need to change the tftp server. Can I use the following command to change?

set port voice interface 4/1 dhcp disable tftp *

*Primary

You will need to specify all of the IP configuration. You can not do just the TFTP server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/catos/7.x/command/reference/set_po_r.html#wp1026471

Also, please note that the IP address of the TFTP server may not be a subscriber. It will be whichever CallManager is running the TFTP service. Usually this might the publisher, or a dedicated TFTP server, but it could be on a subscriber depending on your cluster configuration.

The downloaded config file from TFTP tells the 6608 which CallManager to register to.

Chris

How is the Primary & Secondary CallManager or DNS configured? Command line is only accepting a single ip address.

set port voice interface mod/port dhcp disable {ipaddrspec} {tftp ipaddr} [vlan vlan]

[gateway ipaddr] [dns [ipaddr] [domain_name]]

set port voice interface 3/1 dhcp disable 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0 tftp 192.168.10.1 vlan 100 gateway 192.168.3.254 dns 192.168.10.2 yourdomain.com

Please use the VLAN settings and IP Address that are appropriate for you.

The CallManager IP address settings are configured by downloading the configuration file from the TFTP server. These are not configurable from the command line.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: